Your skin naturally releases oil as a means of retaining its moisture as well as giving it full protection against harmful, external irritants. However, although, it’s a natural process, note that too much oil production is unhealthy and can trigger acne and clogged pores.
That said, it is crucial for you to be aware of some natural remedies to eliminate shiny skin on your face and keep the oil fully controlled. Aside from being aware of the following natural remedies, it’s also essential to familiarize yourself about the different factors that cause the excessive production of oil and secretion of sebum. These include genetics, UV radiation, too much exposure to heat, hormonal changes, puberty, stress, pregnancy, and seasonal changes.
- Egg Whites – Rich in Vitamin A, egg whites are effective in removing skin blemishes while also tightening and toning shiny and oily skin on your face. All that you need to do is to whip one egg white. Continue whipping until it becomes stiff then put it on your face. Let it dry for a while before using warm water to wash it off. It would be best to do this process two times every day.
Another version of this treatment to eliminate shiny skin is to whip one egg white then pour the juice of half a lemon over it. Mix the ingredients together. Put it on your face then let it stay there for at least fifteen minutes. Rinse it off. This tip works in tightening your skin while also soaking up any excess oil.
Lemon Juice – One great thing about lemon juice is that it is an excellent source of citric acid, which works similarly to an astringent. Aside from that, the juice has plenty of antiseptic properties designed to lighten any discolorations on your skin while also restoring its proper pH balance.
To use, just mix fresh lemon juice (around one teaspoon) and half a teaspoon of distilled water together. Dip a cotton ball into the mixture then apply it on your facial skin. Let it stay there for at least ten minutes then rinse it with water; do this every day and you’ll notice a significant improvement on your skin. Note, however, that lemon juice tends to cause skin dryness, so it would be best to put on an oil-free moisturizer right after the application.
Another version of the treatment is to mix lemon juice, honey, and milk together. Mix the ingredients until you form a thick paste. Apply the paste on your facial skin then let it stay there for around ten to fifteen minutes. Use cold water to wash it off. You can expect this solution to produce your desired results after just a week, provided you do it every day.
- Clay or mud mask – Either of the two works in minimizing greasiness while also toning your skin and removing any impurities. While you can purchase this product in many drugstores, note that it’s possible for you to make your own. All that you need to create a natural clay or mud mask are facial clay and witch hazel.
Just mix a tablespoon of witch hazel with a teaspoon of facial clay until the two are fully blended. If you want to make the mask more fragrant, then consider pouring two drops each of lemon and cypress oils into the mixture.
It’s also a big help in controlling any overactive glands. Once done mixing, put the mask on and leave it on for around ten minutes or until it’s dry. Rinse it off using water.
- Apple Cider or White Vinegar – Any of the two is also effective for skin exfoliation and in improving its health. Aside from that, you can also expect apple cider and white vinegar to work in controlling your oily face. The vinegar also serves as an excellent facial wash, especially if your skin is oily. It’s mainly because of its effectiveness in balancing the hormones that contribute to its oiliness.
To take advantage of this solution, just dip a cotton ball into the vinegar. Apply the soaked cotton ball to your face gently prior to sleeping at night. Let it stay on your face for around eight to ten minutes before washing it off with water. Do it for around four weeks so you’ll notice your desired results. If it’s summer, ensure that you freeze or chill vinegar into ice cubes first before applying it to your oily skin.
- Salt – The good thing about salt is that it is a nature’s gift coming from the sea, so you have an assurance that it has minimal to zero side effects. It also serves as a strong desiccant. It can get rid of oiliness while also preventing your skin from becoming too dry.
To use, get an empty spray bottle and pour tepid water over it. Stir in one teaspoon of salt. Put on the salt solution into your face gently. Do it once every day. You will most likely see results within just a month.
- Cornstarch – With the aid of cornstarch, you can dry up oily skin patches, thereby keeping your face oil-free. Just mix around one to two tablespoons of cornstarch with just enough water to produce a fine paste. Rub the paste on your face and allow it to dry for some time before taking a shower or rinsing it using lukewarm water.
There are plenty of natural remedies to eliminate shiny skin on your face. Choose the most suitable one for your skin type and present skin condition, so you can finally get rid of the oil safely without the risk of any side effects.