Dark skin on your neck is a skin issue that many people would like to avoid. It is unattractive, causing the self-esteem of someone who suddenly has it to plummet. The dark skin on your neck may become noticeable as it shows as too much skin pigmentation along the creases of your body and the folds of your neck.
While it isn’t contagious nor life-threatening, it is still a frustrating condition, especially because some people view it as a sign of poor hygiene. Note, however, that poor hygiene, neglecting to scrub and wash the area, isn’t the only cause of the problem. Some other causes are excessive sun exposure, obesity, and diabetes.
Fortunately, you can treat this problem with natural solutions including the following:
- Honey and Tomato Mixture – Honey is one of the most commonly used home remedies for certain skin conditions. It aids in moisturizing and lightening your skin. Since tomato is also a skin lightening agent, combining it with honey can help produce a solution for dark skin on your neck, which has extra healing power. This makes it more effective in quickly removing dark skin patches found on your neck.What you have to do to take full advantage of this solution is to mix tomato juice and honey. Apply the mixture to the dark areas of your neck then leave it on for around 20 minutes. Do this daily and you’ll notice a significant improvement in the color of your neck.
- Oatmeal Mask – Aside from being good for your health, oats can also treat your dark patchy neck. Note that one of the major causes of the problem is not paying attention to cleaning the area, causing it to have too much fine grit and oil deposits. You can use oatmeal as a scrub and mask for your dark neck. Just make sure to mix it with other ingredients that can lighten your skin to increase its healing and lightening effects.To make an oatmeal mask, what you need are finely powdered oats. Also, there are several ingredients you can mix the oats with, including milk, yogurt and honey. Regardless of the ingredient you decide to mix with the powder, ensure that you apply the resulting mask on your dark neck directly then leave it on for around 15-20 minutes. Use water to rinse it off.
- Potato Juice – Potato has plenty of potent bleaching properties, making it an ideal solution for dark neck skin. It also contains catecholase, an enzyme known for its skin lightening effects and ability to treat blemishes. To use it, make round slices of one cold potato. Rub the sliced potato directly on your neck for around 5-10 minutes. Do this every day for a minimum of two to three months and you’ll notice your dark skin lightening.If you want to speed up the process, then consider mixing potato juice with lemon juice. Apply this solution on your neck. Rinse it after around fifteen minutes.
- Aloe Vera – Aloe Vera is known for being an excellent skin cleanser, so it’s also a great treatment for dark skin on your neck. Just put on the Aloe Vera gel on the area every day and leave it for a few minutes. Don’t forget to rinse it off with water.What makes Aloe Vera a great solution for dark skin is that it works in diminishing unsightly spots while also lightening the skin tone in the area. Furthermore, it contains plenty of antioxidants and natural compounds, thereby stimulating the repair of damaged cells and the production of new and healthy ones.
Almonds – Rich in vitamins that can help improve skin health, almond also serves as an effective solution to removing skin discoloration. Fortunately, there are many ways to use it if your goal is to treat dark neck. One way is to mix powdered almonds, honey, and milk powder together until a thick paste is formed. Put on the paste on your neck. Let it stay there for around thirty minutes before rinsing it with water. Do it at least two times every week.Another solution is to heat almond oil a bit then use it to massage your neck. Doing it regularly can stimulate proper blood circulation in the area. The good thing about the oil is that it also serves as an effective moisturizer while also making your skin glow.
- Walnuts – Rich in essential vitamins and minerals, walnuts can provide proper nourishment for your skin. Walnuts also have moisturizing properties. You can use the nuts in curing dark skin by creating a scrub. What you have to do is to crush the walnuts first then mix them with yogurt. Continue mixing until a thick paste is formed.Apply the paste on the part of your neck where there is dark skin. Scrub it gently for a few minutes. Let it dry before rinsing it with either rose water or cold water. Do this procedure regularly, preferably two times per week, to rejuvenate your skin and lessen the darkness.
- Lemon Juice – Citric acid is one of the major components of lemon juice. The acid works as a powerful natural bleaching agent, making it useful in lightening your skin. Lemon is also rich in Vitamin C, which aids in removing dead skin cells and lightening your skin tone. To use, just apply the juice to the dark area with a cotton ball.Rinse with cold water only after twenty minutes. Avoid exposing your neck to the sun after the application. You can also mix rose water and lemon juice and apply the solution to your neck before sleeping at night. Do this every day and you’ll most likely notice positive results within just a month.
Aside from trying the natural remedies mentioned in this article, it is also necessary to come up with an effective skin care routine that works for you. Moisturize and exfoliate your neck just the same way as your face so you can retain its natural color.