How to Get Rid of Pimples on Face Overnight
Almost everyone has experienced a pesky pimple. They usually pop up at the worst times and seem nearly impossible to get rid of. Despite the myths pimples aren’t only for young adults, they come for many reasons.
To successfully get rid of your pimple, you must know the cause:
- Clogged pores are one of the most common reasons pimples form. Your pores, although small, have openings big enough for dirt, oil, and debris to sneak inside your skin. Once these materials become impacted, bacteria forms and causes acne.
- Hormonal acne can arise from things like puberty, birth control pills, menopause, and pregnancy. Typically these pimples will pop up around your chin and can sometimes occur seasonally.
- Unfortunately, some are just genetically prone to pimples. If your pores are small things will get trapped more easily and cause inflammation.
- Other triggers include lifestyle choices and may require 24 hours of serious discipline!
There are things in your home that can help get rid of pimples on the face overnight
If you want to attend your next event pimple-free but can’t stand to leave the house, try performing a home remedy. These ingredients are general enough to live in most households and may be your key to overnight success!
As long as you have running water you can get rid of a pimple on your face overnight. Ice is highly desired for those with pimples accompanied with pain because it offers an instant soothing effect. If you opt to use ice as a remedy, you should wrap your cube in a towel to prevent irritation. Don’t let the ice cube sit on your skin for more than a few minutes, if you aren’t satisfied with the results they can be repeated every 15-30 minutes.
White toothpaste is an age old remedy for pimples because it is good at drying excess oil and killing bacteria. If you are the one and done type, this may be your favorite way to get rid of your pimples overnight;just place the toothpaste over the area of concern and let it sit overnight.
3. Calamine lotion
If you’ve ever had the chicken pox, you know how heavenly it feels when calamine lotion is applied on dry or irritated skin. Calamine lotion’s magic powers stem from zinc oxide,which is an excellent remedy for pimples. Using calamine lotion is just as simple as using toothpaste, just put it over your pimple and get ready for bed.
Some skincare products are powerful enough to get rid of pimples on the face overnight
If you don’t have skincare goods and a pimple comes along, you better run out and get some. You don’t have to have an elaborate routine, but there are somethings that should be just as important as taking a shower.
Have you washed your face lately?
No matter why your pimple came to visit, you should always cleanse your skin. Cleansers help remove acne triggers like dirt, oil and other materials from the pore and can help get rid of pimples on the face overnight.
Purchase your cleanser according to your skin type:
Oily Skin is generally where pimples like to appear so cleansing both day and night is imperative for getting clear skin. If your skin contains a lot of oils, you should have a deep cleaning cleanser to ensure your pores don’t get impacted. Aside from getting rid of your pimple, you can also get rid excess oil overnight by washing your face!
If your skin is dry, it can also be sensitive, so you should be using a gentle cleanser. Essential oils and milk based washes work wonders on dry skin because they also help provide the skin with moisture. Did you know that after 3 minutes of cleansing, your cleanser will start to become acidic? The acid will further dry your skin so be sure to wash quickly and efficiently.
Be sure to remove all makeup before cleansing otherwise your pimple may get even. If your cleanser is also labeled as a makeup remover, you should cleanse your face twice!
Try a spot treatment
Acne medication is a godsend for pimples but what if you don’t have a dermatologist to prescribe you any? No worries, there are tons of products available over the counter that will help get rid of pimples on the face overnight. Spot treatments work best for those with an occasional pop-up. These treatments are usually formulated using asalicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide thatare commonly used for acne. Spot treatments resemble lotion and are simply placed over your area of concern. It is recommended that you get a treatment that dries clear so you can wear it during the day!
Or a mask
Acne masks pack lots of punch and can help get rid of pimples overnight. Try one of these formulas to beat pimples once and for all!
1. Cinnamon and Honey
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon (powder)
- 2 teaspoons Honey
2. Turmeric, milk, and honey
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons of milk
If you want those pimples to disappear by morning stray away from these things:
- Avoid eating foods that are full of oil and sugar, the things you eat willeventually reach your skin and can cause acne.
- Certain medications may cause pimples. Talk to your doctor about the side effects of your medications and opt for an alternative if they are the cause.
- If you have puss-filled acne, avoid scrubbing the skin. If you break open a pimple containing bacteria you could potentially spread the bacteria to other areas.
- Never pick at your pimple, you will only cause it to become inflamed.
- Try to avoid stress, it’s an acne trigger!
- Drink lots of water for the next 24 hours it will help flush out acne-causing
If your pimple fails to disappear overnight, you could always cover it with makeup. Be sure your product is water-based so it won’t make things worse!