How to get Rid of Cellulite on Thighs Naturally
Daisy dukes, short dresses and miniskirts look gorgeous on others but you can never seem to pull them off. Even putting on lightly colored pants reveals your cottage cheese. What are those annoying little craters that live inside of your thighs and butt, and how do you get rid of them? It looks like you’ve got a case of cellulite. Unfortunately there is nothing ”lite” about cellulite so getting rid of it is probably high on your list of goals.
Cellulite occurs when fat deposits under the skin become visible. Soft cellulite is common among your everyday women (men can also have cellulite but it is less common). This type of cellulite is soft, and cushy and are normally found on the thighs and butt. Cellulite doesn’t discriminate when it comes to its victims, even the most athletic woman could suffer from cellulite. Hard cellulite is common among athletes and though it may be harder to see, it is still a valid concern.
Cellulite is ranked by grade:
- Grade 1- This type of cellulite isn’t visible when you are moving but if you sit, or your skin is pinched it will become more prominent.
- Grade 2 cellulite can only be seen when standing.
- Grade 3 is the most severe type of cellulite. If you have grade 3 cellulite then your lumps are there no matter how your fix your body.
One of the most common areas for cellulite to occur is the thighs. If you suffer from cellulite in this area I have great news, it can and will disappear but it is up to you to take action.
By just manipulating the skin, cellulite can disappear
Have you ever heard of dry brushing?
Dry brushing is normally referred to as a way to exfoliate but it can also help your get rid of cellulite. A dry brush can be found at a shaving store since it is the same brush used to apply shaving cream. The brush works best when used on dry skin, just sweep it across the surface of thighs to help drain lymph, tighten skin and increase circulation.
Go and get a massage
Massages are always a joy but you’ll love them even more if I told you that they can help get rid cellulite. Go to your neighborhood spa and request a deep tissue massage. Since you want to smooth cellulite on the thighs you can request that your masseuse focus on them. Massage will help increase blood flow and aid in breaking down the fat deposits that make cellulite visible.
Create your own cellulite scrub
Body scrubs are great remedies for cellulite but for quick results choose to use a coffee scrub. Your skin will already benefit from the exfoliating, but the caffeine coffee contains is the real star. When you use your coffee scrub caffeine will be absorbed by your pores and influence blood and lymph to flow faster.
You can create a coffee scrub at home, just use these ingredients:
- Coffee grounds
- An essential oil of your choice (coconut, almond, and jojoba are perfect).
You may need to change the way you eat if you want to get rid of cellulite
Eat more Omega 3’s
The fatty acids mostly found in fish can help you get rid of cellulite. Eating foods that are rich in omega 3’s will help smooth lumpy skin and can also combat ageing.
Do you consume enough gelatin?
Do you ever eat gelatin? Chances are you don’t get enough to combat lumps and bumps. Consuming gelatin can help you build muscle since it is a worthy source of protein. This cellulite banisher can also tighten loose skin which can help reduce its appearance. The amino acids found in gelatin allows it to strengthen the muscles and bones in the thigh.
Tone those things by getting off of the couch
- Kettlebells can be used to target your thighs, they can help tone muscle and burn fat.
- Cardio is the best fat burner if you don’t already, get up and move for at least 30 minutes per day. You don’t have to engage in a serious workout, try walking the dog or cleaning the house to burn a few calories.
- Squats are known as the best exercise used to firm the thighs and butt. To perform a squat stand with your body upright, shoulders rolled back and your feet shoulder-width apart. Extend both of your arms directly in front of you and begin to squat down as if you were going to sit in a chair. Once you reach your invisible chair begin to push your body back up, you can repeat this motion as many times as you desire. You should perform at least 3 sets of 12 reps if you want to get rid of cellulite.
Detox baths are the best for getting rid of cellulite
If you’ve ever been to a fancy spa you may have heard of detox baths. Detox baths go way back to ancient Roman history and are still used to rid the body of toxins. Eliminating toxins will help the skin appear smoother because lymph won’t stand still under your skin.
You don’t have to have money for a luxury resort in order to take a detox bath, you can create one at home. Here are a few notable detox bath formulas:
- 1/2 cup of bentonite clay
- 1/2 cup of Epsom salts
- A essential oil of your choice
- 3 pints of hydrogen peroxide (3%)
- 2 ounces of ginger
Sea Salt Bath
- 1/3 cups of Epsom salt
- 1/3 cups of sea salt
- 1/3 cups of baking soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of ground ginger
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar
All of these formulas should be mixed with your bath water. Make sure your water is hot so it can help you sweat.
Getting rid of cellulite in the upper thighs means being able to rock whatever you desire without feeling self-conscious. If nothing else, getting rid of cellulite is a great excuse to go shopping!