The definition of beauty is autonomous in different places throughout the world. One way these places are analogous is the desire to obtain fair and glowing skin.
Get Fair Skin Naturally
It is important to most people to get as close to the summit of beauty as possible, and while fair skin sounds good, it isn’t as easy to obtain as you think. What about those born with dark skin? It is nearly impossible to obtain fair skin if you are a deep tone, but you could lighten up a shade or two; maintaining skin clarity is a safer option. No matter your native tone, skin lighting comes with many risks. If you eliminate acne scars and other blemishes, your skin will appear fairer without going the extra mile.
The Skin Lightening Solution
Skin lightening products produce some of the highest revenue in the beauty industry. The traditional usage of skin lighteners was to help people overcome hyperpigmentation. Freckles, age spots, and acne scars are all great examples of the concerns this product tackles. As consumers began to see how effective the product was, they began to use it over their entire bodies to obtain fair skin.
If you’ve already researched skin lighteners, you know that they have a bad reputation to some people. It’s true, there are harsh chemicals in most lightening products, but you could opt for several natural alternatives including:
- Alpha-Arbutin– Works well for skin lightening and improving discoloration on all skin types.
- Kojic acid- Best for those suffering from age or liver spots, it is great for all skin types.
- Licorice extract- A great ingredient for someone who wants to lighten the skin all over. Licorice extract’s goal is to inhibit melanin production so the skin gets lighter overtime. If you are unaware, Melanin is responsible for skin pigment.
- Resveratrol-This ingredient is often used in anti-aging products because of its antioxidant properties. It is one of the most effective ingredients yielding results in as little as two weeks when used three times per day.
- Bearberry extract-Very popular in Asian countries, Bearberry helps to slow the production of melanin to make skin lighter. It works well on age spots and other forms of hyperpigmentation.
- Vitamin A-Have you ever heard of retinol? Well it’s just a form of Vitamin A. Retinol works by increasing your cell turnover rate making it easier to produce new skin. This ingredient is great for discoloration and may also get rid of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Vitamin B3 – B3 may appear on the ingredient label as niacinamide. It is great for people who need to get rid of sun spots and other forms of discoloration. B3 can also help banish fine lines and wrinkles, and when partnered with vitamin A results are sure to heighten.
- Vitamin C-If you have hyperpigmentation to get rid of you might like Vitamin This ingredient also helps boost collagen and elasticity for a more youthful canvas.
While I am impartial to the skin lightening process, you must ensure that you begin with a clear head. Be sure you aren’t performing this ritual due to low self-esteem or an obsessive compulsion or it could be tough to know your limit. Although the ingredients we discussed are natural, they are still eliminating pigment from the skin that could yield side effects like sun sensitivity or skin inflammation. Many formulas can be used twice per day while others only require a nightly application. Read the directions that cater to your specific formula and follow them to the tee to avoid inflammation. If you are low maintenance, opt for a lightening mask that only requires you apply it once per week.
It’s Time to Glow Up
While it may not be ideal for everyone to reach the pinnacle of fair skin, we can all obtain a luminous glow. There are several ways to obtain a natural glow, and they are all quite simple.
Hydrate your skin- Dry skin appears flaky and dull and the easiest way to reverse this is to moisturize. To ensure your methods are sufficient, you must have a perfect balance of oil and water. You can obtain water from topical products and by drinking. Each day, you should consume half your body weight in ounces of water. For example, if you are 200 pounds you should drink 100 ounces of water. The skin creates natural oils for lubrication, but you should be supplying it with more. Essential oil blends are a great way to ensure your skin stays hydrated. They will penetrate deep enough to reach embryonic cells andabsolutely make skin glisten!
The most hydrating essential oils include:
- Vitamin E
- Olive oil
- Argan Oil
- Grapeseed Oil
Remove Dead Cells- All skin cells die eventually, even healthy ones, so no one is excused from exfoliation. If you want to generate new cells you’ll have to axe the old ones; they probably didn’t look their best anyhow! To remove the fallen soldiers, choose from one of these common methods:
Manual scrub– The majority of people are familiar with manual scrubs. They are typically formulated with microbeads, sand, rock, and other abrasive materials that help aid in scraping away cells. This method is very effective especially because you can target problem areas and you ultimately control how harsh the treatment gets. If you want to have glowing skin throughout the entire body, opt for a manual scrub to eliminate thicker layers. Be sure not to rub the skin too vigorously because you could cause inflammation or even break a few capillaries.
Chemical peel- Chemical exfoliation doesn’t have to be as intense as it sounds. There are a ton of them that vary in strength so even those with sensitive skin can undergo a peel. The most common ingredients are alpha hydroxy acids made from things like apples, sugarcane, willow bark and other components. Fruit enzymes have also been used to exfoliate the skin and are a better option for those who are sensitive (unless you have fruit allergies).