Everyone wants to maintain their youthful-looking skin as much as possible. No one wants to see wrinkles, crow’s feet, and other signs of aging appearing on their face and skin. The problem is even if you’re still on your mid-20s, there is already a great chance for these skin problems to appear. These signs of aging may appear prematurely, especially if you often expose yourself to a hectic lifestyle, poor diet, lack of sleep, and stress. All these can cause severe skin damage leading wrinkles and fine lines.
If you want to maintain a young and wrinkle-free skin, then it would be best to take immediate action right after you notice fine lines and wrinkles appearing on your face. There’s no need to use expensive skin care treatments or undergo a surgery, though, as you can find plenty of homemade and natural solutions that work just as effectively. The following are just some of the natural and inexpensive ways on how to get young and wrinkle-free skin:
- Increase your intake of Vitamin C – Vitamin C is an essential vitamin, which can stimulate the production of collagen. Collagen is crucial in keeping your skin supple and younger looking. That said, those who take large amounts of Vitamin C every day – through either diet or supplement – have a lower chance of developing premature signs of aging, like wrinkles.Among the best sources of Vitamin C that you can include in your diet are dark, green leafy vegetables such as sprouts and broccoli. Red pepper, kiwi, orange, and tomatoes are also rich in the vitamin. Skin care products containing Vitamin C can also help as these can stimulate collagen repair.
- Exfoliate – Another way to keep your skin looking young and wrinkle-free is to undergo exfoliation regularly. The exfoliation process actually works in getting rid of the uppermost part of your skin, which usually consists of dead cells. The good thing about this method is that it speeds up the natural renewal process of your skin and collagen.One of the best ways to exfoliate is to use chemical exfoliants, like lactic and glycolic acid. They work in dissolving glue-like substances that tend to bond dead skin cells into the surface. These exfoliants can also produce a healthy, radiant, and even result as these don’t slough the dead cells away, which is what usually happens when you use scrubs.
- Switch to a healthy diet – Keep in mind that the foods and drinks you take in do not only cause you to gain weight but are also damaging to the skin. With that in mind, you have to start sticking to a balanced and healthy diet. Your daily diet should consist of foods that can nourish your skin with essential nutrients, thereby retaining its youthful glow and preventing the formation of wrinkles.Increase your intake of foods rich in protein, antioxidants, and Vitamin C. Eat orange and yellow fruits and veggies, leafy green vegetables, beans, nuts, blueberries, as well as Omega-3 fatty acid-rich foods, like fish, to keep your skin healthier. Also, it’s advisable to stay away from unhealthy drinks and stick to water instead. Such is a big help in hydrating your skin.
- Get some UV protection – Another way to get young and wrinkle-free skin is to get constant protection against the harsh effects of the sun. Note that UV rays are damaging to your skin, as they can hamper the production of collagen and elastin. The lack of these components can cause the development of wrinkles and other signs of aging prematurely. Avoid exposing yourself to direct sunlight for too long, especially in the middle of the day when the UV rays are too strong.Protect your skin by covering it as much as possible. Put on sunscreen to your exposed skin before going outdoors. Make sure, however, that you choose a sunscreen, which is safe for your skin and does not contain too many chemicals. Avoid products containing oxybenzone. If possible, go for sunscreens with minerals, like titanium and zinc.
- Quit smoking – Note that smoking can contribute a lot to the development of wrinkles, even if you’re still young. Cigarette and its smoke have chemicals that might speed up the aging process. That’s the reason why those who smoke excessively also tend to expose their skin frequently to the mentioned chemicals. It’s time to quit smoking and stick to a much healthier lifestyle.
Try some home remedies – There are also home remedies that can help you get rid of wrinkles and enjoy a younger-looking skin. Some of them are:
- Coconut oil – This remedy works in making your skin look radiant and glowing. Using it regularly can help fade wrinkles and fine lines because of its hydrating and moisturizing properties. Furthermore, it works in restoring the elasticity of your skin.
- Castor oil – This isn’t just an emollient. It also stimulates collagen and elastin production, which is beneficial if you want to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on your face.
- Apple cider vinegar and honey mixture – Mix ACV and honey, apply the solution on your neck and face then leave it for around fifteen to twenty minutes. Use lukewarm water to rinse it then pat your skin dry.
Once done, put on some moisturizer that’s suitable for your skin. Both are great solutions in bringing back the youthful appearance of your skin as ACV has pH balancing properties while honey has healing properties.
With the solutions mentioned in this article, there is no need for you to fear premature aging. Enjoy young and wrinkle-free skin for a long time by applying some natural ways to take care of your skin.